In this large 280mm square book there are over 350 glorious, rare and unseen images, paintings and maps that truly stand out, highlighting new findings.
- Tom’s first shop from 1848, the house where he actually lived in 1841 and inside 7 The Links – Tom’s home above the shop.
- Maps from 1580 onwards showing how much land was reclaimed from the beach and how narrow the 1st and 18th were.
- St Andrews Links – rare images of the Links taken from the late 1840s onwards.
- Historic figures including HRH Edward VIII, Prince of Wales, Sir Hugh Lyon Playfair, Andrew Kirkaldy, Principal Haldane, George Whyte-Melville, George Bruce, Robert Chambers, Andrew Kirkaldy, David Honeyman and James Foulis.
- The Grand Hotel in its prime and buildings including St Andrews railway station, the stationmaster’s house and garden,The Royal and Ancient Golf Club, Strathtyrum House, Melville House, Ayton House, St Andrews Castle and Cathedral.
- Family archives from the Tait family including a letter from Queen Victoria’s Private Secretary when Freddie died in 1899.
- The birth and growth of ladies golf in St Andrews